Feed On His Word
Who: Countryview Christian Church
Cost: $14 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 132
Send checks to: Roberta Smith,
35889 Boggs Rd, Virden, IL 62690
or call 217-965-4727
Apple-Braised Pork Chops With Noodles
By October 26, 2012Published:
Feed On His Word Who: Countryview Christian ChurchCost: $14 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb-boundPages of recipes: …
- 4 (4-oz.) pork loin chops wll trimmed
- 1-1/2 C. apple juice
- 1 T. honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 3 qt. water
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 C. carrots cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1-1/2 C. uncooked extra-wide yolk free noodles
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. water
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pork chops; cook 3-5 minutes, turning once until golden brown on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice, honey mustard, salt, thyme and pepper; mix well. Pour apple juice mixture over chops.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. Add noodles and return to a boil. Cook until tender.
- Remove chops from skillet; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 T. water. Blend until smooth. Add to juices in skillet; mix well.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; boil 1 minute. Gravy can be strained.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Course: Entrée