Rachel’s Gluten-Free Cookbook
Who: Rachel Moore
Cost: $15, including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral-bound
Pages of recipes: 142
Send checks to: Rachel Moore, 17845 Highway 14, Benton, IL 62812
or call 618-663-7733
Apple Raisin Breakfast Bars
By October 26, 2012Published:
Rachel’s Gluten-Free Cookbook Who: Rachel MooreCost: $15, including shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral-boundPages of recipes: …
- 1/2 C. dried apples chopped
- 1/2 C. raisins
- 1 C. apple juice
- 1/4 C. brown rice syrup
- 1 C. gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1/2 C. Brown rice flour
- 1/2 C. hulled millet
- 2 T. raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C. oil
- 2 tsp. gluten free vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, place apples, raisins and apple juice together and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice syrup, set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together oats, flour, millet, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the center and place eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add the apple-raisin mixture and stir well.
- Spread batter on a parchment-lined 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until it turns golden. Allow to cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.