Nourishment For Our Body & Soul
Who: Trinity Lutheran Church
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 176
Send checks to: Trinity Lutheran Church,
c/o Megan Busacker, 402 N. Monroe St.,
P.O. Box 207, Harvel, IL 62538
or call 217-229-3143
Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
By July 26, 2013Published:
Nourishment For Our Body & Soul Who: Trinity Lutheran ChurchCost: $16 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral boundPages of …
- 2 med. tart apples chopped
- 1 c. finely chopped strawberries chopped
- 2 med. kiwifruit peeled and chopped
- 1 sm. orange
- 2 T. Brown sugar
- 2 T. apple jelly melted
- 8 flour tortillias (7 or 8 inches)
- 1 T. water
- 1/4 T. water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine apples, strawberries and kiwi.
- Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoons; squeeze juice from orange.
- Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Stir in brown sugar and jelly.
- For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 cups.