Nourishment For Our Body & Soul
Who: Trinity Lutheran Church
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 176
Send checks to: Trinity Lutheran Church,
c/o Megan Busacker, 402 N. Monroe St.,
P.O. Box 207, Harvel, IL 62538
or call 217-229-3143
By July 26, 2013Published:
Nourishment For Our Body & Soul Who: Trinity Lutheran ChurchCost: $16 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral boundPages of …
- 1 C. dried apricots
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 C. nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 2 T. canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop the apricots; cover with 1/4 c. water and let stand.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir the baking soda into the yogurt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder.
- Stir in the yogurt mixture, oil, egg whites and almond extract until just combined. Fold in the apricots.
- Spoon mix into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 119 calories, 4 grams protein, 2 grams fat, 124 milligrams sodium, 23 grams carbohydrates, trace amount cholesterol.