Cook. Eat. Live!
Who: Busey Bank for United Way
Cost: $12.50 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral-bound
Pages of recipes: 220
Send checks to: Brenda Jeakins,
2101 N. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704
or call 309-834-1020.
Asparagus Potato Soup
By April 26, 2013Published:
Cook. Eat. Live! Who: Busey Bank for United WayCost: $12.50 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral-boundPages of recipes: …
- 2 C. potatoes diced and peeled
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 T. chicken bouillon granules
- 4 C. water
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. whipping cream
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 12 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, bouillon granules and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in butter.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon and cheese.