Recipes from the Parish
Who: Wesbein and Cropsey United Methodist Churches
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 137
Send checks to: Susan Wright,
36681 E. 1000 N Rd., Saybrook, IL 61770
or call 309-475-9080.
Banana Split Trifle
By March 24, 2014Published:
Recipes from the Parish Who: Wesbein and Cropsey United Methodist ChurchesCost: $16 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, …
- 3 c. cold milk
- 1 – 5.1 oz, cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 1-8 oz. can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake cut into cubes
- 1 c. strawberries sliced with 1/4 c. sugar on them
- 1-8 oz. container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 med. firm bananas sliced
- 1/4 c. pecans chopped
- 12 oz. hot fudge microwaveable topping
- Whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes in large bowl.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Place half of the angel food cake cubes on the bottom of a large, clear glass bowl.
- Spread 1/3 of pudding mixture on top.
- Cover with sliced strawberries.
- Spread layer of whipped topping over strawberries.
- Remove lid from hot fudge topping and heat in microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Pour half the fudge over the previous layer and then add a layer of cake cubes.
- Spread another 1/3 of pudding mixture on top.
- Cover with sliced bananas.
- Cover with remaining pudding mixture.
- Spread whipped topping over all.
- Drizzle with fudge topping and sprinkle with pecans.
- Chill until serving. Garnish with strawberries and bananas when serving, if desired.
- Course: Dessert