Noah’s Ark Preschool Cookbook
Who: Noah’s Ark Preschool in Bloomington
Cost: $20 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral-bound
Pages of recipes: 122
Send checks to: Noah’s Ark Preschool,
1617 E. Emerson St., Bloomington, IL 61701
or call 309-828-1974
Cajun Potato Salad
By December 27, 2012Published:
Noah’s Ark Preschool Cookbook Who: Noah’s Ark Preschool in BloomingtonCost: $20 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, …
- 2 lbs. sm. red potatoes unpeeled
- 1/2 C. red onion chopped
- 1/2 C. green onion chopped
- 1/4 C. fresh parsley minced
- 6 T. cider vinegar divided
- 1/2 lb. Cajun sausage sliced
- 6 T. olive oil
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- to taste Cayenne pepper
- Cook potatoes until tender, drain.
- Cool completely, dice into a large bowl. Add onions, parsley and 3 T. vinegar. Toss.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
- To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, black and cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook until blended and slightly thickened.
- Pour over potatoes and toss gently. Serve immediately.