Caramel Pecan Rolls
Recipes & Remembrances
Who: St. Mary’s Altar Sodality
Cost: $10 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 155
Send checks to: Joan Derringer,
7781 Oakdale Road, Ellis Grove, IL 62241
or call 618-534-6697
Caramel Pecan Rolls
By September 26, 2013Published:
Recipes & Remembrances Who: St. Mary’s Altar SodalityCost: $10 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb boundPages of …
- 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 c. Sifted flour divided
- 2 (1/4 oz.) pkg. dry active yeast
- 1-3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 T. Salt
- 3 T. shortening
- 1 c. brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 2 T. light or dark corn syrup
- 1 c. slivered almonds or choped pecans chopped
- 4 T. butter softened
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- Combine 2-1/2 cups of flour with the yeast in a large mixing bowl of electric mixer.
- Combine milk, water, 2 T. granulated sugar, salt and shortening in a saucepan and heat until lukewarm, stirring to melt shortening. Add to dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed for 30 seconds, scrape side of bowl constantly. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes. By hand, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on to lightly floured surface; knead 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover; let rise 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, melted butter and corn syrup in saucepan over low heat just until blended. Distribute evenly in bottom of 36 well-greased muffin cups or three 9 inch round pans. Sprinkle mixture with pecans.
- Punch down dough and divide in half; roll each half into a 20 x 6 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on the dough.
- Mix together the cinnamon and 1/2 c. sugar and sprinkle over the buttered dough. Roll up, lengthwise, seal edges. Cut into 1 inch slices and place rolls, cut side down in prepared pans. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator; let stand 20 minutes before baking. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Invert on racks.