Singing in the Kitchen
Who: Champaign-Urbana Sweet Adelines
Cost: $13 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 99
Send checks to: CU Sweet Adelines,
3920 Daffodil Lane, Champaign, IL 61822
or call Judy at 815-269-2454.
Cherry Pudding Cake
By May 23, 2014Published:
Singing in the KitchenWho: Champaign-Urbana Sweet Adelines Cost: $13 includes shipping Details: Soft-backed, comb bound Pages of …
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 T. shortening
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. pitted tart red cherries drained well and juice reserved
- 1 c. hot reserved cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9” square glass cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add shortening, milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Top with cherries and sugar.
- Pour hot juice over all and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Course: Dessert