Who: American Legion Post 1994 Auxiliary, Keyesport, IL
Cost: $13 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 90
Send checks to: Marie Ward, 21618 Robin Lane, Carlyle, IL 62231
or call 618-749-9909.
Chicago Italian Beef
By January 25, 2013Published:
Favorite Recipes Who: American Legion Post 1994 Auxiliary, Keyesport, IL Cost: $13 including shipping Details: soft-backed, …
- 5 lbs. rump roast (do not substitute for a different type roast)
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian seasoning
- 1/2-1 jar pepperoncini peppers with juice
- 1/2-1 jar giardiniera
- 3-5 sweet green peppers
- 1 loaf French bread or Hoagie rolls
- Put roast, broth, Italian seasoning, pepperoncini peppers and giardiniera in a crockpot and cook on low for 18 hours.
- Turn meat over at the 6th and 12th hour intervals.
- At the 17th hour, slice sweet green peppers lengthwise and cook in water on low heat until soft.
- Pull roast apart with two forks to shred. Serve piled on your choice of bread, laying green peppers on top.