Survivors by Faith
Who: St. John’s Lutheran Church Ash Grove
Cost: $12 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 184
Send checks to: Dale Schleef, Survivors by Faith, 1117 N. 1200 Road, Onarga, IL 60955-7646 or call 815-867-6714
By February 24, 2014Published:
Survivors by Faith Who: St. John’s Lutheran Church Ash GroveCost: $12 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral boundPages …
- 1-1/2 T. butter
- 1-1/2 T. flour
- 3/4 c. half and helf
- 1/2 c. Swiss cheese grated
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 strips bacon cooked and diced
- 1 med. tomato diced
- 1 T. parsley chopped
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 T. flour.
- Whisk in half and half and heat until steaming.
- Whisk in cheese until melted.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes (turning once) or until fully cooked.
- Top chicken with sauce and garnish with bacon, tomatoes and parsley.