This recipe can be found in the following cookbook:
Recipes From The Heart
Who: ETC Club of Mason City
Cost: $13 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 126
Send checks to: Lindsey Bruce, 915 W. Chestnut, Mason City, IL 62664 or call 217-482-9477
Chicken Salad Cups
By May 17, 2012Published:
This recipe can be found in the following cookbook: Recipes From The Heart Who: ETC Club of Mason City Cost: $13 including …
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 C. chicken diced, cooked
- 1 can unsweetened, crushed pineapple drained
- 1/2 C. slivered almonds
- 1/2 C. celery chopped
- 1/2 C. Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Cut each sheet of pie pastry into 14 1/2-inch rounds; re-roll scraps and cut out additional circles. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of 14 ungreased muffin cups. Bake at 450 degrees for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, almonds, celery, cheese, mayonnaise, salt and paprika; refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, spoon two rounded T. of chicken salad into each pastry cup.
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise; spoon over filling. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Course: Entrée