Recipes & Remembrances
Who: Alden United Methodist Church
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 204
Send checks to: Karen Beystehner,
Alden United Methodist Women,
19305 Crowley Road, Harvard, IL 60033
or 815-943-4315 (before 8 p.m.)
Chinese Pepper Steak
By May 23, 2014Published:
Recipes & RemembrancesWho: Alden United Methodist Church Cost: $20 includes shipping Details: Hard-backed, ring bound Pages …
- 1 lb. top round steak cut 1
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 green peppers
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 T. cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 c. water
- Blanched almonds
- Cooked rice
- Partially freeze steak to firm it and slice diagonally across the grain into very thin strips.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and ginger. Stir in soy sauce. Pour mixture over meat and stir.
- Cut green pepper into thin strips.
- Quickly brown marinated beef strips (1/3 at a time) in hot oil and remove from pan.
- Reduce heat; add green pepper, garlic and water to pan and cook until green pepper is tender-crisp, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in meat and tomatoes and heat through. Garnish with almonds.
- Serve on cooked rice.