Recipes from the Heart
Who: The Lighthouse Shelter For The Homeless, Marion, IL
Cost: $13 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 239
Send checks to: The Lighthouse Shelter, 1101 N. Madison, Marion, IL 62959
or call 618-964-1663.
Chocolate Chip Pie
By March 25, 2013Published:
Recipes from the Heart Who: The Lighthouse Shelter For The Homeless, Marion, ILCost: $13 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, …
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar packed
- 1-1/2 sticks butter softened
- 1 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C. chopped nuts
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie shell unbaked
- unsweetened, crushed pineapple opt.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl on high speed until foamy.
- Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted halfway between outside edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
- Course: Dessert