In Good Taste
Who: Friedens Family and Friends
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 260 including gluten free recipes
Send checks to: Friedens United Church of Christ,
c/o Betty L. Bollmeier, 966 Winter Road, Marissa, IL 62257
or call 618-295-2004
Chocolate Meringue Drops (gluten free)
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: Makes 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
In Good Taste Who: Friedens Family and FriendsCost: $16 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb boundPages of recipes: 260 …
- 2 extra-large egg noodles
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 6 (6 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolae chips melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 oz. C. (generous) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in lower third of oven. Cover two heavy-duty baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In small metal bowl, beat egg whites; add sugar slowly until whites are stiff, but not dry.
- Use rubber spatula to carefully stir melted chocolate, extracts and nuts into egg whites.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter (1-1/2 to 2 T. each) onto parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees until tops are dry, 12-15 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely in pan before removing with spatula. Makes 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.