Hometown Favorites In And Around Blandinsville, IL
Who: The Blandinsville Community Organization, Inc.
Cost: $14, including shipping
Details: hard-backed, three-ring-bound
Pages of recipes: 129
Send checks to: Blandinsville Community Organization, P.O. Box 321, Blandinsville, IL 61420-0404
or call 309-652-3502.
Chocolate Praline Cake
By January 25, 2013Published:
Hometown Favorites In And Around Blandinsville, IL Who: The Blandinsville Community Organization, Inc.Cost: $14, including …
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1/4 C. whipping cream
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 3/4 C. pecans chopped
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1-1/4 C. water
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter, whipping cream and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch baking pan; sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs until moist.
- Carefully spoon half the batter around the edges and remainder inside.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Cool 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. Cool completely.