Who: Murdale Baptist Church
Cost: $18.50 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 184
Send checks to: Donna Terpinitz, Murdale Baptist Church, 27091 W. Main Street, Carbondale, IL 62901 or 618-529-5800.
Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork
By June 24, 2014Published:
Heavenly CreationsWho: Murdale Baptist ChurchCost: $18.50 includes shippingDetails: Soft-backed, comb boundPages of …
- 1 c. strong-brewed coffee
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 bone-in loin pork chops, 1 in. thick
- Combine coffee, molasses, thyme, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, lemon pepper and ginger.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill pork on a grill rack sprayed with cooking spray. Grill or broil chops until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Spoon reserved coffee mixture over chops. Grill until glaze bubbles, 1 to 2 minutes.