Feeding The Flock – A Taste Of Perfection
Who: Sewing Sensational Tales in Marion
Cost: $13, including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 75
Send checks to: Carol Grider,
13335 Old Frankfort Rd., Marion, IL 62959
or call 618-983-5803
By December 27, 2012Published:
Feeding The Flock – A Taste Of Perfection Who: Sewing Sensational Tales in Marion Cost: $13, including shipping Details: …
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 C. shortening
- 3/4 C. orange juice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 C. cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 C. pecans chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and orange peel.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Stir in orange juice, eggs and vanilla just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill 18 greased or paper-lined muffin cups until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.