Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Elizabeth Roeske, Rock Energy Cooperative
Cranberry Walnut Fudge
By November 27, 2013Published:
I use Craisins in cookies, breads and bars, so I decided to get creative with fudge, and they loved it! It’s a nice treat for those who can’t enjoy the traditional chocolate fudges, and also adds color and variety to goodie trays.
- 24 oz. white vanilla chips
- 4-1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. walnut pieces
- 1/2 t. salt
- 7 oz. marshmallow crème
- 3 oz. black cherry Jello
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 c. craisins (7-8 oz.)
- 2 T. margarine
- Line 10 X 15 X 1" pan with foil. Spray and smear with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In bowl, dump vanilla chips, walnut pieces and marshmallow crème.
- In saucepan stir together sugar, salt and Jello. Stir in evaporated milk. Drop in margarine. Stir and bring to boil.
- Stir continuously for 7 minutes on LOW heat.
- Pour over the marshmallow crème mixture. Stir until chips are melted. Stir in Craisins.
- Pour into prepared pan. Let cool.
- Place in refrigerator a few hours until it sets up completely.
- Lift out of pan with edges of foil. Flip and peel off foil.
- Cut and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Course: Candy