Feeding The Flock – A Taste Of Perfection
Who: Sewing Sensational Tales in Marion
Cost: $13, including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 75
Send checks to: Carol Grider,
13335 Old Frankfort Rd., Marion, IL 62959
or call 618-983-5803
Cream of Tomato Soup
By December 27, 2012Published:
Feeding The Flock – A Taste Of Perfection Who: Sewing Sensational Tales in Marion Cost: $13, including shipping Details: …
- 1 qt. tomato juice
- 1 lg. onion sliced very thin
- 2 oz. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 qt. cold milk
- Heat tomato juice and onion to a boil for 10 minutes, and then remove onion.
- Melt butter in a separate pan and add flour, stir until incorporated.
- Slowly whisk juice into butter mixture. Cook until thickened, and then add salt, pepper and sugar.
- Remove from heat. Beat in cold milk. Heat, but do not boil.