Recipes Worth Adopting
Who: Benld Adopt-A-Pet, Benld, IL
Cost: $15 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 154
Send checks to: Charlotte Smith,
3816 Indian Lands Lane, Springfield, IL 62711
or call 217-793-0459
Cream Scones with Cranberries
By May 24, 2013Published:
Recipes Worth Adopting Who: Benld Adopt-A-Pet, Benld, ILCost: $15 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral boundPages of …
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 3 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 C. Craisins or other dried fruit
- 1-1/3 C. heavy cream
- milk for brushing
- Decorative or sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place rack in middle position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the fruit until evenly distributed.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the cream.
- Stir until everything is moistened and a soft dough is formed.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured counter and knead a few times, shaping it into a fat log about 8 inches long.
- Cut in two, then gently shape each half into a smooth disk about 1 inch thick.
- With a sharp knife, cut each disk into 4 pieces.
- Arrange the 8 scones on the baking sheet, leaving as much room as possible between them.
- Brush with milk, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool on wire rack, then serve.