Curried Mango Pork Chops
Who: St. Mary Church, Valmeyer, IL
Cost: $12, including shipping
Details: hard-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 113
Send checks to: Jane McCarthy, 6848 D Road, Waterloo, IL 62298
or call 618-939-7757.
Curried Mango Park Chops
By April 26, 2013Published:
Breaking Bread Who: St. Mary Church, Valmeyer, ILCost: $12, including shippingDetails: hard-backed, comb-boundPages of recipes: …
- 4 3/4-inch thick boneless pork chops
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- to taste seasoned salt
- 1 T. oil
- 4 green onons sliced
- 1/4 C. raisins
- 1/3 C. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 fresh mango peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 T. flaked coconut
- Season pork chops with curry powder and seasoned salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown pork chops on both sides, turning once, for a total of 7 to 8 minutes. Remove pork chops from pan, reserve liquid.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into the chicken broth. Add onions, raisins and chicken broth mixture into the skillet. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Return pork chops to the pan, heat through. Serve pork chops garnished with mango and coconut.
- Course: Entrée