Who: Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center
Cost: $12.50 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 169 Send checks to: Family Matters, c/o Nancy Mader,
1901 S. 4th St., Suite 209, Effingham, IL 62401 or call 866-436-7842.
Dr. Pepper Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
By August 25, 2014Published:
Family MattersWho: Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center Cost: $12.50 includes shipping Details: soft-backed, spiral …
- 2-1/2 to 3 lb. pork butt (also known as pork shoulder)
- 24 oz. (2 cans) Dr. Pepper
- 1 medium onion cut in quarters and then again in half
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Barbeque sauce of your choice
- Place chopped onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place pork butt on top of onions and add garlic, ground mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour Dr. Pepper on top and cook on high for 4-5 hours (or on low 8 hrs.)
- Very carefully, remove pork from slow cooker and place on large cutting board.
- Using two forks, shred pork by pulling away from each other. The meat should be very tender by this point.
- Place shredded pork back in slow cooker and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Drain remaining juices and toss meat and onion mixture in barbeque sauce of your choice, adding a bit at a time until you get desired sauciness.