Who: Donna Hope’s Family and Home Community Education, Grantsburg, IL
Cost: $18, including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 250
Send checks to: Donna H. Mathis,
170 State Hwy 145 South, Grantsburg, IL, 62943,
or call 618-949-3370
French Toast Superb
By November 26, 2012Published:
Tasteful Traditions Who: Donna Hope’s Family and Home Community Education, Grantsburg, ILCost: $18, including shippingDetails: …
- 1 (6-oz.) can evaporated skim milk undiluted
- 3 T. water
- 1 lg. egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 slices bread
- 1 C. corn flakes crushed
- 1/4 C. butter
- 10-oz. frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 C. Vanilla yogurt low fat
- Mix milk, water, egg, vanilla, sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Dip the bread into the mixture, then into crushed corn flakes.
- Heat butter in a large heavy iron skillet.
- Add the dipped bread slices and brown on both sides over medium heat.
- Serve topped with strawberries and dollops of vanilla yogurt.