Fresh Apple Cake
By February 25, 2013Published:
Featuring specialty crop recipes
- 2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. margarine or butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 C. raw apples peeled and diced
- 2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. walnuts (optional) chopped
- 1/4 C. light brown sugar
- 1/4 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. walnuts (optional) chopped
- dash cinnamon
- Cream butter and 2 C. granulated sugar; add eggs and apples.
- Sift together flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, soda and salt together and mix into wet ingredients.
- Add 3/4 C. walnuts if using.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Before baking, mix together brown sugar, 1/4 C. granulated sugar, dash of cinnamon and remaining walnuts, if using. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Course: Dessert