Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Dixie Aumann, Shelby Electric Cooperative
Fruit Salad with Apricot Dressing
By November 27, 2013Published:
- Yield: 26 Servings
This recipe is a favorite of my family because it is not real filling, but satisfies your sweet tooth after a big meal. I like to serve this with crackers and/or cookies.
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 2 (5.5 oz.) cans Apricot Nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 lg. red apples sliced
- 8 med. firm bananas sliced
- 1 med. fresh pineaple peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries cut in half
- 1 c. green grapes cut in half
- 1 c. red grapes cut in half
- 2 kiwi peeled and sliced
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir sugar, cornstarch and apricot nectar until smooth.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine fruit, drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Course: Dessert