By February 25, 2013Published:
Featuring specialty crop recipes This recipe courtesy of The Great Pumpkin Patch
- 1/2 C. walnuts or favorite nuts ground
- 1 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. winter squash (Sweet Dumpling squash recommended) steamed and mashed
- 1 C. milk
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- Combine nuts, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine milk, squash, egg yolks and oil.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir the dry mixture into the squash mix and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the squash mixture.
- Heat up a skillet and pour about 1/4 c. of batter per pancake.
- Cook until surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry, and flip.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Course: Breakfast