The Goose Supper Cookbook
Who: Lynnville Christian Church
Cost: $21.50 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 248
Send checks to: Jack McNeely,
Lynnville Christian Church,
32 Albion Street, Lynnville, IL 62650
or call 217-243-1687
Healthy Breakfast Muffins
By September 26, 2013Published:
The Goose Supper Cookbook Who: Lynnville Christian ChurchCost: $21.50 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral boundPages of …
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 C. oat bran or rolled oats
- 3/4 C. brown sugar
- 1 T. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 lg. tart apples peeled, cored and shredded
- 1-1/2 C. carrots finely shredded
- 1 C. walnuts chopped
- 1/2 C. raisins or dried cranberries or mixture of both
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/4 C. oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stir.
- Add the shredded apples, carrots, walnuts and raisins and stir until coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, milk and oil. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until everything is moistened. Fill muffin pans about ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes for regular muffins or 12 to 15 minutes for mini muffins.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool slightly.