By February 25, 2013Published:
Featuring specialty crop recipes
- 5 C. green cabbage shredded
- 5 C. red cabbage shredded
- 2 C. carrots shredded
- 1/4 C. Green onions finely sliced
- 2 tart apples peeled, cored and diced into small cubes
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C. plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 C. cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. coarse-grain mustard
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the green and red cabbage, carrots and green onions.
- In a small bowl, toss the diced apple with the lemon juice and add to the cabbage mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk til sugar is dissolved.
- Pour that mixture over cabbage mixture and toss to thoroughly combine. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish and mustard. Add to the slaw mixture and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.