Mexican Salsa (Above)
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for one day before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or crusty bread.
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cans Southwestern corn with
- peppers, drained
- 1 sm. can diced tomatoes with
- cilantro and lime
- 1 sm. can diced tomatoes with onion
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 sm. bottle zesty Italian salad
- 1 can butter beans, opt.
- 1 C. cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 C. 7-Up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 (10-1/2-oz.) cans chili beans
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 C. stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup
Brown onion and meat until meat is no longer pink. Add 7-Up and simmer for 10 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except beans and simmer for 45 minutes. Add beans and juice and simmer 10 more minutes.
Crockpot Chunky-Style Applesauce
- 8-10 baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2-1 C. sugar or sugar substitute
Place apples, water, cinnamon and sugar into a crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve warm with cream.
Honey Bun Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3/4 C. oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8-oz.) ctn. sour cream
- 1-1/4 C. water
- 3/4 C. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 C. chopped pecans
In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Combine cake mix. oil, eggs, sour cream and water in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until blended; beat on high for 2 minutes. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan. Pour 1/2 of the batter in the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon/brown sugar mixture on top. Pour rest of the batter on top. Sprinkle chopped pecans over top. Bake at 275° for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15-oz.) can refried beans
- 3-4 jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 (12-oz.) bag shredded Cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning to ground beef and mix well. Add mushroom soup and stir until heated thoroughly. Add refried beans and jalapeno slices. Heat well, stirring occasionally. Cover with Cheddar cheese. Turn off heat and cover until melted. Place in a serving dish. Serve with corn chips.
Baked Potato Salad
- 8 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 C. Miracle Whip
- 1/2 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 med. onion, diced
- Bacon bits
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook diced potatoes until barely tender. Stir in Miracle Whip, cheese and onion. Spoon into an 8x12-inch baking dish. Top with bacon bits. Bake for 1 hour.
Fruit Slush – Freezer Salad
- 2 pkgs. frozen strawberries
- 1 (16-oz.) ctn. orange juice
- concentrate, frozen
- 4 cans water
- 1 lg. can pineapple chunks, 30
- seconds in lemon juice, drained
- 6 bananas sliced, soaked 30 seconds
in lemon juice, drained
Mix all ingredients together and freeze. To serve, thaw to a slush state and serve. Will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months. Variation: May also add frozen peaches, melons or any other fruit you desire.
Herb Roasted Chicken (Above)
- 1/4 C. snipped fresh herbs or 4 tsp. dried (rosemary, sage and basil)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (3 lb.) whole fryer chicken or 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 375°. Combine herbs, salt and pepper. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Loosen skin on chicken. Using your fingers carefully spread half the herb rub under the skin. Spread remaining herb rub on the outside of the chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.