Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 8-10 medium flour tortilla shells
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded or a
- rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (15-oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 (14-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkg. Mexican blend shredded cheese,
- 1 sm. can sliced black olives, opt.
- Chopped green onion, opt.
- Sour cream, opt.
Place chicken, cheese, onions and olives on tortilla shells. Roll up each shell and place in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Heat soup and broth together in a saucepan. Stir until well blended. Pour over tortilla shells. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. About half way through baking time, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and allow to melt. Serve as is, or with a dollop of sour cream.
Jalapeño Chicken Dip (above)
- 3-4 chicken breasts, seasoned, cooked and shredded
- 3 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12-oz.) jar Jalapeños, undrained
Mix together all ingredients into a saucepan until cheese is melted. Transfer to a crock pot and keep on warm. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
- 2 C. sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. soft butter
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C. chopped pineapple, drained
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 T. granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix butter, sugar and egg together until creamy. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Mix in pineapple. Drop by teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet. Mix nutmeg and sugar together and sprinkle on top of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 T. minced garlic
- 2 (15-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 T. dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C. chopped parsley
- 1/2 lb. thin spaghetti
In a large nonstick sauce pan, swirl the olive oil evenly in the pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring frequently until golden, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, sugar, salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Stir in parsley. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to directions. Drain and divide into 4 servings. Spoon sauce over noodles.
Chicken Salad Cups
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 C. diced, cooked chicken
- 1 can unsweetened, crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 C. slivered almonds
- 1/2 C. chopped celery
- 1/2 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1/2 C. Cheddar cheese
Cut each sheet of pie pastry into 14
1/2-inch rounds; re-roll scraps and cut
out additional circles. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of 14 ungreased muffin cups. Bake at 450 degrees for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. In a bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, almonds, celery, cheese, mayonnaise, salt and paprika; refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, spoon two rounded T. of chicken salad into each pastry cup. Combine sour cream and mayonnaise; spoon over filling. Sprinkle with cheese.
Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
- 1 C. coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 1 C. sugar, divided
- 1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (20-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) ctn. frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a bowl, combine pretzels, butter and
1/2 of the sugar. Press into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until creamy. Fold in pineapple and whipped topping. Chill. Before serving, break pretzel mixture into small pieces;
stir into pineapple mixture.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
- cut into thin strips
- 8-oz linguine, cooked al dente
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 T. butter
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 C. cream
- 4 T chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan
Place chicken and Cajun seasonings in a bowl and toss to coat. In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until chicken is tender, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat and add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese, If sauce is too thick, add a little more cream to desired consistency.
Monster Cereal Bars (above)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (10-oz) bag marshmallows
- 1/3 C. peanut butter
- 5 C. Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 C. broken pretzel sticks
- 1 C. M&Ms
Melt butter and marshmallows in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat. Add cereal, pretzels and M&Ms. Place in a slightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Cut into squares once cooled.