Who: White County Home and Community Education, Norris City, IL
Cost: $10.75 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 188
Send checks to: Ruth Norris,
163 Co. Rd. 700N, Norris City, IL 62869
or call 618-378-3891
Lemon Grilled Chicken
By May 24, 2013Published:
Favorite Recipes Who: White County Home and Community Education, Norris City, ILCost: $10.75 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, …
- 1 lemon
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 T. Fresh parsley chopped, plus extra ssprigs for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 4 about 6 oz. each Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Use a peeler to remove strips of zest from half of the lemon, then trim into fine strips with a small knife. Reserve and set aside.
- Grate the other side of the lemon to make 1 T. zest.
- Finally, squeeze the juice from the lemon into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the chicken breasts to bowl and spoon the marinade over the chicken until well coated. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the griddle, grill or broiler to medium heat. Put the chicken pieces on the griddle, reserving marinade.
- Cook chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes on each side, brushing with reserved marinade 2 to 3 times. Discard marinade.
- When done, sprinkle with reserved lemon strips and serve immediately garnished with parsley sprigs.