Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Laura Carlson, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
Loaded Veggie Dip
By November 27, 2013Published:
Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest Submitted by: Laura Carlson, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1 (15 oz.) can low sodium vegetables drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. low fat mayonnaise
- 1 T. Onion & Herb Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 tsp. white or yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 c, green onion chopped
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Add drained canned vegetables and chickpeas to food processor or blender along with Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Mrs. Dash and lemon juice. Pulse until mixture is pureed. May need to add a little extra lemon juice or water until desired consistency is reached.
- Empty pureed mixture into a bowl and stir in chopped onion, green onion and red bell pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with raw vegetables, crackers, pretzels or chips.