Together We Have It All
Who: Varna United Methodist Church
Cost: $13 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 72
Send checks to: Kelley Larimer,
2074 County Road 400N, Varna, IL 61375
or call 309-399-7611
Mom’s Baked Custard
By August 26, 2013Published:
Together We Have It All Who: Varna United Methodist ChurchCost: $13 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb boundPages of …
- 3 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 2 c. scalded milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 egg whites beaten until peaks form
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- nutmeg optional
- To scald milk, heat until a scum forms on top of the milk. Let milk cool slightly after scalding. Remove scum.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir to mix well.
- Fold in the stiff egg whites until well blended.
- Pour into custard cups or a glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
- Place these inside a 9x13” pan with about 1” of hot water in it.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Custard cups may take less time.