Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Myra Rubach, Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association
Ooey Gooey Chocolaty Cake
By November 27, 2013Published:
Everyone loves this easy, rich dessert.
- 1 box German chocolate or dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick margarine melted
- 2 T. milk
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together and pat into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and eggs with mixer. Pour over the cake mixture.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and then pecans.
- Bake for 25 min. at 350 degrees.
- When done and slightly cooled, serve with mocha or chocolate ice cream. Sprinkle with pecans and/or coconut, if desired. Or, simply use caramel or chocolate syrup.
- Course: Dessert