Recipes from the Parish
Who: Wesbein and Cropsey United Methodist Churches
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 137
Send checks to: Susan Wright,
36681 E. 1000 N Rd., Saybrook, IL 61770
or call 309-475-9080.
Oven Baked Praline French Toast
By March 24, 2014Published:
Recipes from the Parish Who: Wesbein and Cropsey United Methodist ChurchesCost: $16 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, …
- 8 slices French bread, about 3/4 inch thick, or enough to cover 9x13" pan
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. half & half
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- Place bread in single layer in a greased 9x13"glass baking dish.
- Blend together eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread, turning bread once to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight covered.
- In morning, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 1/3 c. butter in a 10x15" jelly roll pan.
- Place pan in oven to melt.
- Remove pan from oven and tilt to coat pan evenly with butter.
- Arrange soaked bread on jelly roll pan.
- Melt 1/2 c. butter, then add pecans and brown sugar. Mix and spread on bread.
- Bake 25 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Course: Breakfast