Dallas City Elementary PTO Cookbook
Who: Dallas City Elementary PTO
Cost: $13 with shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 158
Send checks to: Dallas City PTO, 921 Creamery Hill Rd., Dallas City, IL 62330 or call 217-852-3201
By January 24, 2014Published:
Dallas City Elementary PTO Cookbook Who: Dallas City Elementary PTOCost: $13 with shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb boundPages of …
- 1 lb. Pancit bihon (rice noodles), soaked
- 1/2 lb. pork cut into small thin slices
- 1/2 lb. chicken cooked, deboned and cut into thin slices
- 1 T. oil
- 1/8 lb. peapods or snow peas
- 1 c. carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 sm. head cabbage chopped
- 1 c. celery leaves chopped finely
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1/2 T. garlic minced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 5 T. soy sauce
- 3 to 4 c. water
- In a large pot, saute’ the garlic and onion in oil.
- Add the pork and chicken; then let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bouillon cube and water; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put in the carrots, peapods, cabbage and celery leaves and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove all the ingredients from the pot except for the liquid; set them aside.
- In the pot with the liquid in it, add the soy sauce and mix well.
- Add the rice noodles (make sure you have first soaked in water for about 10 minutes). Mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely.
- Add the vegetable and meat mixture and simmer for a minute or two.
- Course: Entrée