A Taste of Tradition
Who: OSF St. Joseph Medical Center Auxiliary
Cost: $22 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 245
Send checks to: Kris Burke,
2005 Fallen Oak Rd., Bloomington, IL 61704
or call 309-824-2005.
By March 24, 2014Published:
A Taste of Tradition Who: OSF St. Joseph Medical Center AuxiliaryCost: $22 includes shippingDetails: hard-backed, ring boundPages …
- 6-8 med. Idaho potatoes washed
- 1 c. butter melted
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese grated
- Slice each potato 3/4 of the way through vertically (slice thinly like an accordion.)
- Roll potatoes in combination of oil and butter.
- Put potatoes in a shallow pan.
- Pour remaining butter over potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 2 hours, basting with butter.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and bake until cheese melts.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Course: Side Dish