Featuring specialty crop recipes
This recipe courtesy of The Great Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
By February 25, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 pie
Featuring specialty crop recipes This recipe courtesy of The Great Pumpkin Patch
- 2/3 C. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/4 C. pumpkin cooked and mashed
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1 pie shell baked
- In a medium saucepan, mix together first 8 ingredients and the 3 egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Remove from heat and cool COMPLETELY.
- Make meringue of 3 egg yolks and 1/2 c. sugar and carefully fold into the cooled mixture.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill until set, approximately 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Course: Dessert