Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Rita Schackmann, Norris Electric Cooperative
Rita’s Double Feature Pie
By November 27, 2013Published:
At Christmas there’s so many wonderful dishes and desserts to choose from. I always like pecan pie and cheesecake. I put these two together so I could have both at the same time. It’s wonderful!
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 8 oz. Cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2/3 c. light corn syrup
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, 1-1/2 t. vanilla and 1/4 t. salt. Beat with stand mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and beat until combined.
- Pour and spread into pie crust. Sprinkle pecans over cheese mixture.
- Mix together 2 beaten eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 c. sugar and 1 t. vanilla. Carefully pour over pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool completely.
- Course: Dessert