A Taste of Tradition
Who: OSF St. Joseph Medical Center Auxiliary
Cost: $22 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 245
Send checks to: Kris Burke,
2005 Fallen Oak Rd., Bloomington, IL 61704
or call 309-824-2005.
Salad Skewers with Tarragon Vinaigrette
By March 24, 2014Published:
A Taste of Tradition Who: OSF St. Joseph Medical Center AuxiliaryCost: $22 includes shippingDetails: hard-backed, ring boundPages …
- 12- 12 in. bamboo skewers
- 2 red, yellow and/or orange peppers cut into 1" pcs.
- 1/2 (6 oz.) seedless cucumber cut into 1/2" thick half-moons
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 3 T. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper coarsely ground
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves chopped
- Alternately thread peppers, cucumber, zucchini and cherry tomatoes onto skewers.
- Arrange skewers on platter, wrap in plastic wrap or place in storage container with tight-fitting lid. Can be refrigerated up to one day.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
- In thin, steady stream, whisk in oil until blended; stir in tarragon.
- Transfer vinaigrette to small container with tight-fitting lid. Serve skewers with vinaigrette.