Recipes & Remembrances
Who: St. Mary’s Altar Sodality
Cost: $10 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 155
Send checks to: Joan Derringer,
7781 Oakdale Road, Ellis Grove, IL 62241
or call 618-534-6697
By September 26, 2013Published:
Recipes & Remembrances Who: St. Mary’s Altar SodalityCost: $10 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb boundPages of …
- 4 gal. water
- 3 lemons quartered
- 3 garlic cloves broken apart
- 1-1/2 lbs. small onions peeled
- 1/2 C. salt
- 1 bag shrimp boil seasoning
- 5 lbs. small potatoes washed
- 3 lbs. Kielbasa sausage cut into 2-3" pieces
- 9 ears fresh corn broken in half
- 2-3 lbs. shrimp
- Heat the water in a large pot.
- Add next 5 ingredients to water and bring to a boil.
- Add the Kielbasa and potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Next add the corn and cook 10 more minutes.
- Lastly, add the shrimp. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
- You can lay several layers of newspapers on the table and dump the strained shrimp boil on the papers, or if you have plenty of platters they can be used instead.