Reading is So Delicious!
Who: Friends of Eureka Public Library District
Cost: $14.50 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, three ring binder
Pages of recipes: 225
Send checks to: Friends of Eureka Public Library,
c/o Pamela Terry, 202 S. Main St., Eureka, IL 61530
or call 309-467-2922
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
By August 26, 2013Published:
Reading is So Delicious! Who: Friends of Eureka Public Library DistrictCost: $14.50 includes shippingDetails: hard-backed, three ring …
- 2-1/2 - 3 lb. chuck roast browned
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 c. onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 (4-oz.) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury brown gravy mix
- 2-3 T. cornstarch
- Season browned roast with salt and pepper; place in slow cooker. Top with onion, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Mix gravy powder with 1 tomato can of water. Pour over roast and veggies.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on high.
- Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Stir in to thicken sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or over cooked noodles.