Finest Cooking Holiday Recipe Contest
Submitted by: Susan Ellis, Corn Belt Energy Corporation
Smoked Sausage Quiche
By November 27, 2013Published:
It’s just delicious! I make it every Christmas for my family’s breakfast buffet. It’s always one of the first things gone.
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 lb. Smoked sausage chopped
- 3/4 c. small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 c. Cojack cheese shredded
- 1 T. onion chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c. half & half
- Put pie crust on a baking sheet. Layer sausage, onion and cheeses in pie crust.
- Whip eggs and half and half, pour over ingredients in pie crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 30 - 35 minutes or until center is set. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Course: Breakfast