Cook. Eat. Live!
Who: Busey Bank for United Way
Cost: $12.50 including shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral-bound
Pages of recipes: 220
Send checks to: Brenda Jeakins,
2101 N. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704
or call 309-834-1020.
Spinach, Mushroom and Feta Frittata
By April 26, 2013Published:
Cook. Eat. Live! Who: Busey Bank for United WayCost: $12.50 including shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral-boundPages of recipes: …
- 1 (6-oz.) bag fresh spinach stems removed and rinsed
- 1 T. butter
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 4-oz. mushrooms sliced
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1 sm. zucchini unpeeled and diced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 T. milk
- 3 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- to taste fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 C. crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook spinach and a small amount of water, covered, until wilted (about 3 minutes), tossing once with a fork. Chop spinach and squeeze dry.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick ovenproof medium size skillet over medium heat. Add in bell pepper, mushrooms and green onions; stir and sauté for three minutes.
- Add in zucchini; stir and sauté for three additional minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Put skillet in a 350° oven; bake for about 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.