Recipes from the Parish
Who: Wesbein and Cropsey United Methodist Churches
Cost: $16 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 137
Send checks to: Susan Wright,
36681 E. 1000 N Rd., Saybrook, IL 61770
or call 309-475-9080.
Stuffed Green Peppers
By March 24, 2014Published:
Recipes from the Parish Who: Wesbein and Cropsey United Methodist ChurchesCost: $16 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, spiral …
- 1/3 c. uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2/3 c. water
- 4 lg. green bell peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 c. celery chopped
- 2 T. onion chopped
- 1/2 t. salt
- dash pepper
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 med. tomato chopped
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 oz. (1/4 c.) Cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops from bell peppers, remove membrane and seeds.
- In large saucepan, bring enough water to cover peppers to a boil.
- Add peppers; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain; set peppers aside.
- In large skillet, combine ground beef, celery and onion; cook 8-10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add cooked rice, salt, pepper, ketchup and tomato; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into peppers.
- Place peppers in ungreased shallow baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, sugar and basil; mix well.
- Spoon half of sauce over peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender, spooning remaining sauce over peppers and sprinkling with cheese during last 5 minutes of baking.