Reading is So Delicious!
Who: Friends of Eureka Public Library District
Cost: $14.50 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, three ring binder
Pages of recipes: 225
Send checks to: Friends of Eureka Public Library,
c/o Pamela Terry, 202 S. Main St., Eureka, IL 61530
or call 309-467-2922
Summer Fruit Cream Pie
By August 26, 2013Published:
Reading is So Delicious! Who: Friends of Eureka Public Library DistrictCost: $14.50 includes shippingDetails: hard-backed, three ring …
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 lg. egg yolks
- 4 T. butter softened
- 3 T. plus 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2-3/4 c. whole milk
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. EACH blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch & salt in a medium saucepan; whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until bubbling and thick.
- Temper yolks in a medium bowl and add to milk mixture.
- Continue cooking another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add butter, one tablespoon at a time, whisking until butter melts before adding another piece.
- Let mixture cool 10 minutes. Gently fold in berries until evenly distributed.
- Pour custard into graham cracker crust. Press plastic wrap directly on surface of custard.
- Refrigerate until custard filling is chilled and firm, at least 4 hours.
- Top fruit pie with whipped cream and more fresh berries. Serves 8.
- Course: Dessert