Recipes from Our Parishioners, Past and Present
Who: St. Mary of the Assumption Church
Cost: $17 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, 3-ring bound
Pages of recipes: 158
Send checks to: Judith Wagner,
St. Mary of the Assumption Church,
112 W. Embarrass St., P.O. Box 68, Sainte Marie, IL 62459
or call 618-455-3155
Texas Style Lasagna
By October 25, 2013Published:
Recipes from Our Parishioners, Past and Present Who: St. Mary of the Assumption ChurchCost: $17 includes shippingDetails: …
- 1-1/2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 pkg. Taco seasoning nux
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz.) can choped green chilies
- 2 c. small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas torn into pieces
- 3-1/2 - 4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown meat and drain.
- Add seasoned salt, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chilies, mix well.
- Simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese and eggs.
- In a greased 13x9” baking dish, layer half of the meat sauce, half of the tortillas, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Course: Entrée