Recipes from Our Parishioners, Past and Present
Who: St. Mary of the Assumption Church
Cost: $17 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, 3-ring bound
Pages of recipes: 158
Send checks to: Judith Wagner,
St. Mary of the Assumption Church,
112 W. Embarrass St., P.O. Box 68, Sainte Marie, IL 62459
or call 618-455-3155
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
By October 25, 2013Published:
Recipes from Our Parishioners, Past and Present Who: St. Mary of the Assumption ChurchCost: $17 includes shippingDetails: …
- 4 med. sweet potatoes scrubbed
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake until fork tender, about 45-60 minutes.
- Slice hot potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh into bowl of a food processor leaving a ¼ inch rim.
- To the food processor, add cream, butter, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper.
- Process until potatoes are smooth.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and add a few marshmallows to each shell.
- Spoon mixture back into each shell, sprinkle brown sugar and pecans on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees until potatoes are hot, about 10-12 minutes.