Who: McLean County Master Gardeners
Cost: $10.50 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 120
Send checks to: Lucy Kelley,
24134 Dameron Road, Lexington, IL 61753
or call 309-310-9280
Uncle Don’s Steak Marinade
By June 25, 2013Published:
Favorite Recipes Who: McLean County Master GardenersCost: $10.50 includes shippingDetails: soft-backed, comb boundPages of recipes: …
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1/2 C. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 T. peppercorns coarsely crushed
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 T. fresh rosemary minced
- 4 8-10 oz. filets well-trimmed
- Combine all of the above marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Place the filets in a glass dish or plastic bag.
- Thoroughly cover the filets with the marinade, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Return to room temperature to cook.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a cast-iron fry pan to hot and sear filets well on both sides.
- Pour remaining marinade over steaks and place fry pan in oven.
- Check “doneness” after 8 minutes and decide. Serve on warm plates.